Do I need to file a FBAR (Foreign Bank Account Report)?

US citizens, Green Card holder or entities are required to file an FBAR if you had a financial interest in or signature authority over at least one financial account located outside the United States; and the aggregate value of all foreign financial accounts exceeded $10,000 at any time during the calendar year reported.


Do I have to file a US tax return?

You must submit a US tax return if your income is above the amount of the allowance. The amount of your allowance depends, among other things, on your family and age, for the tax year 2015 between 4,000 and 23,100 USD.

What is the due date of my FBAR?

The new deadline for submission of the FBAR is April 15th. This deadline may be extended until October 15th.

I received a Form W-8BEN. How do I complete the form?

The main purpose of Form W-8BEN is for individuals to certify that they are not a U.S. citizen (or other U.S. person, such as a resident alien individual). Therefore, Form W-8BEN should be used by foreign (i.e. non-U.S.) individuals to document their foreign status. If you are a U.S. citizen, you should use Form W-9 to document your status.

If you have any questions about Form W-8BEN, Form W-9, or Form W-BEN-E, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

What is the due date of my U.S. income tax return?

The due date for filing a U.S. federal individual income tax return generally is April 15th. You can receive an automatic 6-month extension of time to file your return if you file an application for automatic extension by the due date of your return.

However, if you are a U.S. citizen or resident living outside of the United States on the due date of your return, you are allowed an automatic 2-month extension until June 15th to file your return and pay any tax due.

Be aware that the deadline for paying tax due to avoid interest is April 15, 2018.


Once the tax return has been issued, we will send you the tax return for the final inspection.


Once we have received your documents, we will start drafting your US tax return. In case of confusion, we will either contact you by email or by telephone.


Please use our contact site to send us your documents. Your US tax consultant will provide you with an overview of the documents you need to prepare your US tax return.


Please complete the contact form on our website and one of our US tax consultants will contact you shortly and answer your questions.